Sunday, August 27, 2006

PRE BLOGGING ERA...Post 4

Hyderabad Blues, Blacks n Reds...

Dated: August 7, 2006

Am writing after quite a while, probably because of no ready access to a computer the last couple of weeks...have missed bugging all of you but right now, just like the Hyderabad monsoons, am in FULL SWING :)...so here goes...

This mail is dedicated to Aastha n all my other Go...oops sorry, Telugu friends and to this rocking city...Hyderabad...(no offense meant guys, in spite of all that I have written below, I love this place n have had too much of fun here both last yr during summers n this time around!)...

Wheres the party tonight?...
Monday, 17th July 2006, Secunderabad Railway Station
I was walking near Secunderabad Railway Station, and was shocked to see that people on the road were occupying more than half the breadth of the road and striding by in a rhythmic way, swinging to some loud Telugu hit... I thought there was a procession or somethin...n then with subsequent visits, I realized that thats jus the way people walk on the road!!!
This city never fails to amaze me!!...the very first thing you will notice, esp. if you visit the market, is that here in hyd, everyday is a festival...the shops will blare music, the neighbouring shops will blare music even more, and people on the roads will sing along...if not dance along!...And of course, you are invited to join the party!!...Needless to say, you can wear ANY colour of your choice...you will never feel out of place...nows the time to take out all those fluorescent pinks n oranges...(hehe, H'bad is jus as colourful as any other city in this country but its good fun to make fun of the colours here ;))

Work HARD Party HARDER!
Come rains, come sunshine, the city will not halt for a thing. Yep, we've heard a lot abt Mumbai being like that, but H'bad is no less...n the spirit is contagious...
27th July 2006, Jubilee Hills
I was drenched in the rain on my way back from office (thats from one end of the city to another) and jus managed to catch an auto...was big time grumbling and feeling yucky and wet all over...but was pleasantly surprised with the autowallah's bindaas attitude...the guy jus blasted his favourite numbers from Devdas (Telugu not Hindi) n was in a hyper enthu state jumping along with the song...the mood catches up with u...soon I found myself enjoying the music n the rain as well and am now determined to get some good Telugu songs on cd...
Tollywood has a huge influence on people's day to day lives here...around 50 to 60% of all city billboards are advertisements for movies...the ad spend and promos for movies are sky rocketing and it is well supported by a good theatre network...

Love thy neighbour n laugh with the stranger...
The people have been absolutely crazy AND absolutely amazing...
Wednesday, 21st July 2006, Bata Road, Secunderabad
Hyderabad wakes up late. My bus unexpectedly took me 20 mins early to my destination (the stockist point) and I was wondering how to while away time. Tried calling a couple of friends, but we Salespeople should realize not the entire world is as jobless as we are! What better thing to do than to eat!! Was looking around for bananas but nope, they are not too common in this part of the country...then was looking for tea stalls...saw this huge board saying "All kinds of tea available here"...Yippee! I ran there...Once inside I discovered that it was not a tea stall but a tea powder shop...my face bore immense disappointment and the words jus spilled out "Chai nahin hai kya..." Was jus turning away when the shopkeeper exclaimed rushingly "Beti, Chai chahiye? Ek minute tehro" and ordered his assistant to fetch some tea...I obviously stopped him but ended up havin a nice chat with the shopkeeper n gave career counseling for his son :)...hehe, u must've seen his face, he was sooo happy, n everytime I pass his shop I say a hello which he acknowledges with a blessing...Well, as is obvious I love getting blessed :D !!

Its not jus this guy. Be it the bus drivers n conductors, the co passengers or even people on the road, everyone is (mostly) always cheerful n has a good word for u...can write on and on abt SOO many stragers who have absolutely made my day almost everyday during my stay here...am truly gonna have Hyderabad Blues when I leave this place!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So look who decided to jump in..
welcome aboard..and keep the posts coming..

Jagan said...

seri..next post podu ..